During the Famitsu Awards 2016, Yakuza General Director Toshihiro Nagoshi confirmed there is a new Yakuza game in the works.
You can view all the information Nagoshi revealed to Famitsu down below..
- As long as Yakuza 6 is labeled “the final chapter of Kazuma Kiryu,” we won’t be saying anything like, “just kidding!”
- One of the keywords is that I want to create a new Yakuza.
- I don’t think it’s necessary to narrow it down to a single title. It may be multiple titles.
- We created the Dragon Engine with Yakuza 6, but the game engine itself will be completed with the development of a second or third title.
- I’m already working on the next title. In the not too distant future… I think there will be an opportunity to talk about the next game’s development in a relatively early stage.