Earlier today Edmund McMillan announced that The Binding of Issac: Afterbirth now has an official release date. Afterbirth will be released on Steam on October 30 for the price of $9.99.
Afterbirth will feature over 100 hours of gameplay and several new features. It will introduce Greed Mode and Daily Runs which will allow you to compete for highscores in daily runs.
The main part of the game will feature many new additions including…
- 10 totally new and awesome challenges
- 1000+ new rooms, as well as new tiny rooms, closets and giant arching hallways
- a totally new playable character, Lilith, mother of demons
- 120 new items! not counting tons of new pickups, chests, pills, bombs, cards etc. taking the item count up beyond 525
- 4 new alternate chapters with new chapter specific enemy types, visual themes, and surprises
- a new seed code combo page, as well as a butt ton of new seed codes that mod the game
- a greatly expanded soundtrack
- new room types like, trap rooms, double treasure rooms, and ultra rare closets
- a greatly expanded and updated hud system
- tons of new secret transformations
- 8 new bosses
- 25+ new enemies
- updated item combo system
- far too many new achievements
- 20 million new co-op babies
A release date for consoles has yet to be announced.