Atari and Jeff Minter have announced that the arcade shooter Tempest 4000 has received an official release date. The game will release on July 17 for Xbox One, Playstation 4, and Xbox One.
Playstation 4 and Xbox One will cost $29.99 while Steam will be $19.99. You can view an overview of the game down below:
Tempest 4000 Key Features:
- Arcade Style Shooter: Blast down hordes of enemies in this fast-paced, arcade style shoot ‘em up.
- Unparalleled Graphics: Experience Tempest 4000’s mind-blowing graphics in beautiful 4K resolution.
- Multiple Game Modes: Pick from three different game modes including Classic, Pure and Survival that will push your skills to the limit.
- Level Up: Progress and clear through 100 unique geometric levels by destroying enemies with various weapons and power-ups, and earn upgrades through bonus rounds.
- Climb to the Top of the Leaderboards: Post your high score in your quest to be recognized as number one on the leaderboards.
- Retro Techno Soundtrack: Enjoy the beats of a thumping soundtrack inspired by early 1990’s techno.
- Old School Gameplay: Feeling nostalgic? Relive the traditional gameplay of the original Tempest with enhanced graphics on current generation consoles.