After 12 years in development, a fan-made 2D Sonic game has been released known as Sonic Time Twisted. Sonic Time Twisted takes some elements from Sega CD while also featuring 28 Acts over 8 original Zones.
You can view all the features, zones, and release trailer down below..
- 28 Acts to explore
- 8 Original Zones
- 10 Bosses to fight
- 6 elemental shields including 3 all new ones
- 360 physics extremely close to the Genesis/MegaDrive Sonic Games
- 3 Playable Characters Sonic, Tails and Knuckles
- 14 3D Special Stages
- Time Travel between the Future and Past
- Attraction Attack Zone an amusement park partially under the control of Dr. Robotnik in the future, but still under construction in the past.
- Raging Ruins Zone ancient ruins from a civilizations of the past. See the ruins in all their glory in the past, while in the future the ruins are a backdrop for a great cityscape.
- Frigid Fortress Zone an icey castle in the past and toxic frozen wasteland in the future. Warp around the future on Sonic and Knuckles bonus stage orbs, or explore the castle in the past.
- Viridian Valley Zone a lush green style zone, with a marina in the future and prehistoric jungle in the past.
- Drifting Dynamo
- Tidal Tubes Zone a water-themed level with lots of pipes for Sonic to travel around in. Race past futuristic buildings in the future, or pillage the pirate ships in the past. Inspired by the the canceled stage Perplex Puzzle and Sonic Zero’s Tidal Tubes.
- Submerged Saucer
- Planetary Panic
You can download the game here.