The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu sat down and interviewed Kenichiro Takaki, Producer of the Senran Kagura series, to discuss the recently announced Shinobi: Refle: Senran Kagura. In the interview, Takaki revealed that Asuka will be the only playable character and support the HD rumble feature on the Nintendo Switch.
You can view the tidbits of the interview courtesy of Games Talk down below..
- HD rumble is a particularly fascinating feature of Nintendo Switch. I expect that we’ll be able to do various things that we couldn’t do with the rumble function before.
- As for what kind of things we’ll be able to do in Shinobi Refle using HD rumble, right now I’ll leave that to your imagination.
- We’re basically aiming for a pure and wholesome Senran Kagura, and our main objective is to convey the feelings of the characters through HD rumble.
- The story will be charmingly stupid. You’ll be able to enjoy a different story than before.
- As an affordably priced, download-only game, this is a concept title based on HD rumble.
- Asuka will be the only character to appear.
- Asuka’s graphics are being rebuilt from the ground up. I want to beautifully express the portrayal of light despite its anime style.
- We’re considering making use of Switch features other than HD rumble.
- Switch is considerably easy to develop for. Other than Shinobi Refle: Senran Kagura, I’m also considering other titles that make use of Switch’s features.
Shinobi Refle: Senran Kagura will release later this year in Japan.