In the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu, Senran Kagura series producer Kenichiro Takaki discussed the Seran Kagura series including Senran Kagura 7EVEN. Takaki revealed that the game is still in the idea solidification stage and settle down on the story.
You can view highlights from the magazine courtesy of Hachima Kikou. down below…
- There are a lot of player swho started playing the Senran Kagura series with the release of Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus.
- The story of Senran Kagura Burst was darker than Takaki had thought.
- One of the challenges around the time of Senran Kagura: Estival Versus was not making it a simple mow-down game. Senran Kagura Burst originally had a high level of difficulty intended for gamers, so Takaki wanted to add on to that.
- The awakening scenes of Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal are all completely new.
- Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal uses the voices from the original game. The story has only been slightly modified for parts that may be difficult to understand.
- They are still in the stage of solidifying their ideas for the August 2017-announced Senran Kagura 7EVEN. It will likely be a bit longer before the game is released.
- Takaki would also like to remake Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson if the opportunity presents itself, but notes that would be difficult since he is currently developing Senran Kagura 7EVEN.
- The team has a lot of ideas, like spin-offs, but Takaki says that he wants to have the main story settle down in Senran Kagura 7EVEN.
- While Takaki does not want to end the series, he does want the story to make a beautiful landing.
- If read backwards, 2018 is 8102 (pronounced “Paiotsu” in Japanese, or “boobs”), so Takaki wants to make it a Senran Kagura year.