There has been a huge amount of interest in a Devil May Cry 5 game for quite some time. Rumors of the game being in development has existed for quite some time and picked up last month after Johnny Yong Bosch, the voice actor of Nero, hinted that it was in development. Now a new bit of information has possibly been revealed.
The folks over at ResetEra posted what is believed to be information related to the game. An administrator for the site, ZhugeEX, said despite not being able to completely confirm the reports the original poster said that he is so confident they will take a permanent ban if it turns out to be a hoax.
You can view the full post above, but we’ll summarize parts of it for you.
- Originally DMCV was intended to be announced at PSX but after receiving feedback on their E3 press conference, Sony decided to scale back on PSX and instead scale up E3 2018. DMCV was an unfortunate casualty of this choice and thus it’s unlikely that DMCV gets officially revealed in 2017.
- There will be a demo for the game sometime before release.
- Game has been in development for 2 years as of today. When it will release it will have been in development for 3 years at least. That is actually the highest time a DMC game has been in full production for. Pre-production started as early as 2015 around the time that DMC4SE finished releasing. There have been no development hiccups and as stated, the development has in fact been progressing smoothly.
- There is some form of Playstation exclusivity involved. Sony is paying for some of the funding for the game but the extent of it is not known. Could be completely PS4 exclusive, console exclusive or timed exclusive. If the game is announced publicly then it will be at a Sony event, which is why many people thought that it was going to be at PSX.
- Trailer has been ready for a while now. The initial trailer is 1 minute 50 seconds long (they may add new cuts to trailer to make an extended version since some time has passed from when it was made). It is mostly focused on story, characters and cutscenes. A city like setting is shown in the trailer not that different from Fortuna city in DMC4.
- The overall game is supposed to be “ambitious” for a DMC title with a broader appeal.
- Longest cutscene runtime of any DMC game yet.
Please keep in mind this is still a rumor and nothing has been confirmed by Capcom.