Reddit user Ummmmlolwolf has taken to the site to reveal what they claim to more additional information regarding Assassin’s Creed Origins. Lolwolf was the same Reddit user to leaked the first OffScreen image of the game.
According to lolwolf, Assassin’s Creed Origins will be 3 times the size of Assassin’s Creed 4, feature combat similar to The Witcher 3, and release in October.
You can view all the unconfirmed details down below..
• The AC4 team is working on this. Ashraf Ismail is likely the game director and Darby McDevitt is likely the main writer.
• Ancient Egypt, supposedly in the Fifth Dynasty of the Old Kingdom (2494 to 2345 BC) if we go by the recent picture leak.
• The character has a shield, a spear and a bow.
• The game will feature naval gameplay (not naval combat though) and horse gameplay. Mirages are likely a part of the game as well.
• Someone in the game will be called “The Crocodile”
• There will be smaller gameplay segments taking place in the same setting but different time periods. • Perhaps this will be the modern day segments? Darby did say a long time ago the best way to do modern day is to reuse the historical assets in a modern context, akin to Brotherhood.
• Interiors are in the game (not surprising obviously)
• Combat is supposedly ‘freeform’, similar to Witcher 3. In fact the game itself has a ‘witcher’ feel to it.
• The world is seamless. You can go from water to land to city without a loading screen.
• Ubi will start their marketing campaign by the end of this month, with a full reveal at E3, including cinematic and gameplay trailers and gameplay demos.
• Desmond Miles will NOT be in the game.
• There will be a controllable pet eagle. I imagine this will be an interactive version of eagle vision.
• The game is roughly 3 times the size of AC4.
• Will likely release in October.
• Said to be very colourful, as evident somewhat in the picture.
• The game features Khenut, the Queen of Egypt during the Fifth Dynasty of the Old Kingdom, and is the wife of King Unas.
• The game will release on PS4, Xbox One and PC. It will NOT release on the Nintendo Switch