Last week a NeoGAF user who goes by Trevelyan9999 posted a thread that contained reported source-verified information regarding Nintendo’s plans for the 3DS in 2016 and the Nintendo NX. One of the things that gives it credit was the 20th anniversary Pokémon game was code-named “Niji” and since the posting Pokémon Moon and Sun were announced and the press release images attached were titled “Niji_A_logo” and Niji_B_logo.”
Below is what the user claims will be the 2016 plans for the 3DS…
Spring to Early Summer
- Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- Nintendo Selects Wave 1
- Hyrule Warriors: Legends
- Disney Art Academy
- Bravely Second: End Layer
- Code Name: “Caviar F” (a smaller budget game for all ages)
- Metroid Prime: Federation Force
- Code Name: “Torte City” (a big budget game for all ages)
- Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past
- Code Name: “Cadillac” (a smaller budget game for all ages / late summer)
Fall to Holiday
- 3DS Hardware price cut
- Code Name: “N-Stars” (a big budget game for all ages)
- Nintendo Selects Wave 2
- Code Name: “DMW2” (possibly Disney Magical World 2)
- Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
- Pokémon 20th Anniversary Game “Niji”
He also states that the upcoming Legend of Zelda Wii U game will also be released on Nintendo NX, but doesn’t know if this will come out on the same day, or at a later date on the NX. The user also posted these marketing budgets…
- Wii U has a marketing budget of $34.5 million for 2016. $10 million of that budget belongs to The Legend of Zelda for Wii U, with the possibility of it being switched to the NX version depending on launch timing in 2016.
- 3DS has a marketing budget of $56.25 million for 2016.
Keep in mind that despite one of these being confirmed, the others have not. Nintendo has still not announced any more information about NX and will probably do so at e3.