In a surprising move, Rockstar Games have released an 8th patch for Grand Theft Auto IV. The last patch for the game released in May 2010. You can view the patch notes down below..
- Added error code “WTV270” to indicate a problem with connecting to Windows Live Sign in Assistant / Games for Windows Live Servers.
- Added Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 to compatible OS check.
- Added Display Controller image in Controller Configuration.
- Fixed a bug which made completing “Out of Commission” mission impossible when frame rate exceeds 60fps.
- Fixed a bug with the “Resource Usage” indicator on graphics cards with more than 2GB of VRAM.
- Fixed a bug that restricted settings changes when using modern video cards.
- Fixed a bug with the map crosshair on certain resolutions.
- Fixed a bug with text scrolling in “Brief” Menu.
- Fixed “drawlist overflow” crash.
- Minor performance optimizations.
This patch has led many to believe that Rockstar Games are open to continuing support for last-gen consoles which has led many to be very happy.