Bethesda Softworks have announced that Quake Champions will be releasing on PC via Steam Early Access and Bethesda.net on August 22.
The Early Access release features loads of content including the “Doom Slayer” Champion, new maps, and new features. You can view the full list of new features down below..
- New Champion: Quake Champions’ newest playable Champion, Doom Slayer, comes straight from the depths of hell to the Arenas, wielding his pounding fists and an unceasing thirst for blood. Fans of Doom can run amok using Doom Slayer’s active ability, Berserk – smashing enemies into bloody piles of gibs with his bare hands. Doom Slayer’s passive ability will also be familiar to Doom fans; reach new heights with Double Jump, which allows the Doom Slayer to jump a second time while in mid-air.
- Two New Maps: Church of Azathoth and Tempest Shrine.
- Rune Challenges: Players will be reward for completing new Rune Challenges found in Backpacks.
- Lore System: Players will find Lore Items hidden throughout Arenas in vases. By collecting all 10 Lore Items for a specific Champion, they will unlock that Champion’s high-end Lore Skin.
- Improved New Player Onboarding: New features to help get fresh fraggers up to speed include a movement tutorial, shooting gallery and the ability to choose a skill level.
- New Customization Options: New options include new Champion skin sets and weapon shaders.
- In-Game Voice Chat.