Chief Architect of Playstation Mark Cerny has come out and revealed some additional information about the specs of the PS4 Pro. Cerny revealed that it will be using AMD’s polaris design and another GPU used in the current Playstation 4.
The system will use an additional 1GB of DRAM which will allow older PS4 games to run using half the GPU. This will allow the other memory to be used to output the 4K resolution. Essentially, PS4 Pro will use 5.5GB of GDDR5 RAM for 4K output and the other 2.5GB for the interface.
You can compare the specs down below..
- CPU: 8 Jaguar Cores at 1.6GHz
- GPU: AMD GCN, 18 CUs at 800MHz (equivalent to Radeon HD 7850)
- Memory: 8 GB GDDR5, 176 GB/s
- CPU: 8 Jaguar Cores at 2.1GHz
- GPU: 4.20 TFLOPs Polaris GPU
- Memory: 8 GB GDDR5, 218 GB/s
Playstation 4 Pro will release on November 10.