Obsidian Entertainment have announced they will be releasing a new patch for Pillars of Eternity alongside its upcoming expansion The White March Part 2. This patch will redo the in-game Stronghold, a new “Time-Story” game mode, and a new combat UI.
The new major features include the following…
- New content for the Stronghold that has you, as lord or lady of Caed Nua, decide the fate of your vassals and send your companions on new and exciting adventures.
- There is also a new quest line that allows you to defend your claim to Caed Nua (will be released in 3.0 final).
- Knockout Injuries have been added as an option for those that want it. Injuries are added to characters that are knocked out in battle and are only removed by resting.
- Story Time mode has been added. This difficulty setting is for people that want to experience the Pillars of Eternity story without having to build a party of adventurers focused on combat.
- Athletics has been revamped so that it allows characters to cast Second Wind. A powerful healing ability. A higher Athletics skill increases the size of the heal.
- Survival now grants rest bonuses. A higher Survival skill will unlock more rest bonuses or increase the strength of existing bonuses.
- Many new creatures have been added to the Bestiary.
- The Action Bar has been reorganized so that it is easier for players to see their Per Encounter, Per Rest, and Watcher abilities.
- The end of the game (Act 3 and second half of Od Nua) has been revised to remove the number of “trash” encounters and increase their difficulty.
- A high level scaling option has been included for anyone that enters Act 3 at a high level.
Both patch 3.0 and The White March Part 2 are expected to be released together on February 16.