Koei Tecmo have released the results to the survey they did with the Nioh alpha demo. The demo was very successful and saw over 850,000 downloads.
First, we have the planned improvements to the game…
- Add tutorials regarding the game system.
- Adjust balance mainly in the opening sections to make battles fairer.
- Improve controls and camera system.
- Improve the understandability and usability of the UI.
- Improve graphic performance
- Implement a training stage for tutorials on basic controls and core game actions.
Action & Controls
- Improve player & camera behavior during lock-on.
- Change the conditions under which the player character becomes unresponsive when the Ki Gauge is empty.
- Expand item shortcut slots.
- Revise the objects which require holding a button and the response to the hold input.
- Improve detection for the half-circle analog stick input.
- Adjust attack and defense parameters of enemies.
- Revise enemy pursuit of the player.
- Revise superarmor (stagger/no stagger) for each enemy and attack.
- Adjust Revenant AI.
- Improve exploration elements such as shortcuts, etc.
- Add hints to guide players to boss areas.
- Revise the display of objects that block the view of the player character.
- Adjust fire area damage.
- Improve layout and displayed information.
- Adjust text size.
- When making an offering at a shrine, allow the player to perform all actions at once.
- Improve online synchronization.
- Allow the host to use the Shrine menu during co-op play with a Visitor.
- Adjust the rate at which enemy parameters increase during co-op play.
- Remove durability stat for weapons and armor.
- Adjust the drop rate for equipment.
- Add a new control type.
- Implement a flow to allow players to exit a mission.
- Fix other bugs.
Below are the survey results…
Nioh is in development exclusively for Playstation 4.