Niantic Labs have released a new update for Pokémon Go today. This update fixes a lot of issues that players have been very vocal about such as the Pokémon accuracy. The update also added a new “nearby Pokémon” feature that showcases Pokémon in the player’s vicinity.
You can view all the patch notes down below…
- Added a dialog to remind Trainers that they should not play while traveling above a certain speed.
- Trainers must confirm they are not driving in order to continue playing.
- Made improvements to the accuracy of a curveball throw Fixed a bug that prevented ”Nice,” ”Great,” and “Excellent” Poké Ball throws from awarding the appropriate XP bonuses.
- Fixed achievements showing incorrect Medal icons. Enabled the ability for Trainers to change their nickname one time. Please choose your new nickname wisely.
- Resolved issues with the battery saver mode on iOS and re-enabled the feature. Added visuals of Team Leaders Candela, Blanche, and Spark.
- We’re currently testing a variation of the “Nearby Pokémon” feature with a subset of users. During this period you may see some variation in the nearby Pokémon UI.
- Minor text fixes.