During Sony’s E3 Press Conference it was revealed that Insomniac Games was working on a new Spider Man game exclusive to the Playstation 4.
In an interview with Geoff Keighley, Creative Director Bryan Intihar revealed a lot more information regarding the game. Below are some of the highlights.
- Spider Man is the biggest game ever for Insomniac, and the most ambitious game ever for Marvel.
- It’s an open world game.
- The game has been in development for “quite some time.”
- It’s not part of the films, and Insomniac is doing a bit of its own thing and “mixing things up” to an extent. It’s an original story, and this was an opportunity for Insomniac Games to create “their own Spider Man universe.” It still respects the tradition of the franchise but the developers can afford to take some liberties, for instance with the design of Spider Man’s suit, that could be seen in the trailer.
- It’s getting better and better every day as development progresses.
- This is a story where Spider Man’s world and Peter Parker’s world collide. It focuses on who is the man under the mask, and who the man becomes after he puts the mask on.
- The game is confirmed as a PS4 exclusive, published by Sony Interactive Entertainment.
- Spider Man is a working title, for now. .