We reported this morning that Famitsu magazine preview revealed that Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 was in development for Playstation 4 and PS Vita. We know have loads of additional details about the game. Below are the bullet points from Famitsu…
- Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 will be sold in Japan and Asia; however, if there’s enough demand, then Koei Tecmo may develop a version adjusted for North America.
- The developers are working on adjustments using the powered up “Soft Engine 2.0.”
- For the PlayStation Vita version of the game, it’ll use a customized “Soft Engine Lite.” There will be features that uses the touch panel and gyro sensor.
- There will be more depth for spending time with characters than in past titles of the series. Koei Tecmo are thinking of different rewards they can give players for spending more devoted time to one character.
- There will be a camera mode.
- The suntans have been vastly powered up.
- Not all the female characters from the Dead or Alive series will appear.
- Starting August 20th, there will be custom themes for 15 heroines. The 9 most downloaded characters will be in the game, with no exceptions. That said, even if the popular Kasumi somehow doesn’t make it in the top 9, that would mean that she won’t be in the game.
- Koei Tecmo also don’t plan on adding new characters via DLC.