That latest issue of Weekly Famitsu features an interview with Kingdom Hearts III Director Tetsuya Nomura. During the interview, Nomura revealed that Kingdom Hearts III will feature less Disney worlds than in Kingdom Hearts II and that Sora’s visit to the Toy Story world will be part of the Toy Story timeline.
You can view highlihghts of the interview down below..
- (In response to the question of around when in 2018 Kingdom Hearts III will be released) “Please wait for the proper followup report. (Smiles.)”
- Nomura wanted a Toy Story world in Kingdom Hearts since around Kingdom Hearts II. For Kingdom Hearts III, there have been repeated negotiations as its inclusion was of absolute necessity.
- The Toy Story world is set after Toy Story 2. It isn’t a parallel world. Rather, the events of Kindgom Hearts III are part of the Toy Story time axis.
- While it is not shown in the trailer, at the start Sora is mistaken for a character in the latest game to be released in this world.
- The Toy Story staff were considerably surprised at the reproduction quality of the Toy Story characters in-game.
- Nomura told the development team he wanted riding and fighting in a mech early in development. A different mechanism is being prepared for when you go to another floor in Galaxy Toys.
- The Big Hero Six world is progressing well, but news on that is still down the line.
- While the number of Disney worlds are less than the amount included in Kingdom Hearts II, the density of each world is greater, including gameplay.