Rumors regarding Grand Theft Auto VI has circulated the internet for several years with almost all of them being debunked despite many gamers around the world believing them. However, it seems that some recent rumors regarding the game might actually be true.
Games journalist Jason Schreier took to Twitter and added credence to rumors from industry insider Tom Henderson. Schreier stated:
Idk why everyone thinks that I said GTA VI was coming in 2023. Everything Tom Henderson has said about the game matches up with what I’ve heard.
Some of the rumors that Henderson has said regarding GTA VI include the following:
- Release in 2024-2025
- Rockstar Games focusing on mental well-being of employees
- Returning to Vice City
- Multiple main characters including one female character
- Map will be updated in the form of DLC (similar to Fortnite seasons)
- Only releasing on PC, Xbox Series, and Playstation 5
- Take place in modern setting
All of these are still rumors as neither Rockstar Games nor parent company Take-Two Interactive have made any confirmation or announcement regarding Grand Theft Auto VI.