World of Final Fantasy director Hiroki Chiba and art director Yasuhisa Izumisawa sat down with Famtisu magazine in Japan for an interview to discuss the game. The key note of the interview was that the story alone for World of Final Fantasy will take over 100 hours to complete.
Below are highlights from the interview…
- The game is currently in the polishing and balance adjustments phase. They’re doing the overall finishes.
- Rather than have come from a different world, the Final Fantasy characters that appear in World of Final Fantasy have lived in the world of Grymoire from the very beginning. There are also some unexpected combinations of characters that are acquainted with each other.
- The game is being made to be played relatively carefree. They’re implementing a system so that you can return to the town from within a dungeon at any time, as well as immediately return back to the dungeon.
- Getting defeated in battle will only send you back home. You won’t lose money or any of the items you have. It’s being balanced so you can battle recklessly, more or less.
- Leaving out Mirage training and side elements, the story alone is over 100 hours long.
- The volume of the game is equivalent to a numbered Final Fantasy. There are full sub stories and events with Final Fantasy characters, too.
- Event scenes can be fast-forwarded or skipped.
- While you’re encouraged to bulldoze through battles early on, battles will become difficult from the middle of the game onward if you don’t consider attributes.
- There are over 200 Mirages that appear in the game. Since Mirages will get lonely if you don’t use them, they’re making adjustments to the game so that you can train all of them.
- Square Enix wants to make figures based on World of Final Fantasy.