EA have announced they are making major changes for YouTubers/Twitch streamers they work with and it has support from the community.
Below is a rundown…
- EA requires now by contract the disclosure of sponsored content
- There Are two categories: #supportedbyEA and #advertisement
- #supportedbyEA where EA has sponsored the access to the game (travel, press-event, review copy etc) but no influence on the content of the creator
- #advertisement is straigt up advertisement for a game, with direct influence or material provided by EA
- content creators are required to use the hashtags #supportedbyEA or #advertisement to mark written content (Twitter, Facebook etc.)
- Video content has to use either the following watermarks or a clear audio message in the beginning of the video that the content is supported by EA or an advertisement