During the latest Star Ocean Program broadcast, Square-Enix announced the differences between the Playstation 3 and Playstation 4 versions of Star Ocean 5, also known as Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness. Below is the full outline..
- Game Contents – The same across both platforms.
- Cross-Save – Not supported.
- Feature Differences – Share features and PS Vita Remote Play supported on PlayStation 4. Not supported on PlayStation 3.
- Frame Rate – 60fps (some parts vary) on PlayStation 4. 30 fps (some parts vary) on PlayStation 3.
- Resolution – 1080p on PlayStation 4. 720p on PlayStation 3.
- Graphics – PS4: finer physics processing, characters, backgrounds, effects, and such, and objects and monsters at a distance are displayed on-screen. PS3: some expressions are reduced and simplified, and objects and monsters at a distance are not displayed on-screen.
Star Ocean 5 will be release in Japan on March 31 for Playstation 4 and Playstation 3. North America and Europe will only receive the Playstation 4 version which will be released some time this year.