Best Buy have revealed on their official website that Dead Island: Definitive Collection is real and will be released on Xbox One and Playstation 4.
According to the site, the game will be released on May 31 and will include Dead Island Definitive Edition and Dead Island: Riptide Definitive Edition, as well as a brand new, 16-bit standalone game called Dead Island: Retro Revenge.
Best Buy have also provided a description which is down below…
Dead Island: Definitive Collection contains Dead Island: Definitive Edition, Dead Island: Riptide Definitive Edition and a brand new stand-alone 16-bit game Dead Island: Retro Revenge.
Dead Island Definitive Edition and Dead Island: Riptide Definitive Edition are fully remastered versions of Dead Island and Dead Island: Riptide including all released DLC and patches.
Dead Island: Retro Revenge is a brand new stand-alone 16-bit game set in the style of a classic side-scrolling action / endless runner within the Dead Island universe.
- Smash heads, crack skulls and slice em up with visceral melee combat and true story-based 4-player co-op in a sprawling open world just waiting for exploration.
- Enhance and develop your unique character using RPG-like elements including an XP/leveling system and unlockable skill trees.
- Collect and customize thousands of weapons ranging from simple wooden bats and fire axes to heavy rifles as you search for the makings of the ultimate zombie-slaying tool.
- Get all the gore you can handle with the incredible details of the layered damage system that gives unprecedented visuals of the effects of each attack, enhanced by the first-person action perspective.
- Navigate the island by boat, the sole remaining mode of transportation.
- Orchestrate a system of traps, fences and turrets to fend off the oncoming zombies and protect the humans who are still alive.
- Adapt to changing visibility conditions and dynamic weather forces.