Creative have announced the newest addition to their Sound BlasterX G-series of Gaming Amps and USB Sound Cards called the Sound BlasterX G6. The features for the G6 include the following:
- Works with EverythingDesigned to work with PS4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox and PC. Designed to work cross-platform, the Sound BlasterX G6 utilizes an optical connection for PS4 and Xbox, USB connection for PC, and a line-in for Nintendo Switch. Additionally, the Sound BlasterX G6 also works in Nintendo Switch USB Dock mode.
- 130dB DNR, 32-bit 384kHz DACUltra-high dynamic range of 130dB. The advanced 32-bit oversampled multi-bit modulator with mismatch shaping technology eliminates distortion, ensuring audio is streamed with the highest level of detail and fidelity.
- Support for Hi-Res Audio FormatsHigh-resolution 32-bit 384kHz PCM and DoP audio formats ensure that music is delivered with true authenticity and accuracy.
- Award-winning Xamp Discrete Headphone AmplificationThe custom-designed Xamp headphone amplifier features discrete components through all stages of amplification in a bi-amp design. Each audio channel is individually amplified to deliver a whole new level of pristine audio fidelity in an authentic, unaltered lossless model. The ultra-low 1 Ohm output impedance perfectly drives performance-grade sensitive 16 Ohm in-ear monitors all the way to professional gaming headsets and studio-grade 600 Ohm headphones.
- Game-Centric DesignThe Sound BlasterX G6 is designed with PS4, Nintendo Switch, PC, and Xbox gamers in mind. With gaming-specific features such as Dolby Digital decoding and Sidetone volume control, the Sound BlasterX G6 provides an incredible improvement over default motherboard audio. Adjust headphone/speaker playback volume and sidetone volume to optimize chat and game audio with a touch of a button.
- Industry-Leading Audio Processing TechnologyEnjoy full audio customization and enhanced audio realism with immersive 7.1 surround virtualization, accurate cues, bass boost, and in-game voice communication enhancements with the Sound Blaster Connect audio suite.
Low Long Chye, General Manager of Creative, said in the press release:
“It’s time to breathe new life into your games with the Sound BlasterX G6 Gaming DAC Amp and USB Sound Card. The Sound BlasterX G6 takes experiencing today’s audio-rich gaming content on consoles and PCs to whole new levels of breathtaking playback. With its custom-tuned award-winning Xamp headphone amp and ability to support 7.1 surround, together with its audiophile-grade components and specs, the Sound BlasterX G6 personifies the absolute best performance when it comes to external gaming DACs and USB Sound Cards.”
“We noticed a lot of our fans actually purchased the earlier G5 for PlayStation 4 and other consoles—which was a departure from its traditional usage with PCs. As more and more people discover the value of great audio outside of the world of the PC, we wanted to offer another option with even better performance and component
The Sound BlasterX G6 is available for $149.99.