Kitfox Games have released a new patch for their surprise hit Boyfriend Dungeon. This update fixes and theoretically fixes some known issues players have been experiencing. This includes a Game Over during a date, dungeon issues after level 51, and getting stuck during the final boss fight.
You can view the company’s full message down below:
Hey there Sword Smoochers!
We have a thread of known issues that might be helpful to anyone having trouble with the game.
Here are the patch notes to go along with today’s update:
- Achievements should now be less prone to error and actually fire correctly if all equipment and gifts received.
- The content warning translation has been updated to match the English improvements.
- If you receive enough experience to reach level 51, the dungeon should now still function correctly.
- If you get a Game Over during a date, reloading should now function correctly.
- If you previously received a Game Over during a date, that save file should also now function correctly.
- (Uncertain) Crafting text should get cut off/masked/hidden less often now.
- You can no longer get stuck in phase 3 of the final boss fight (or after the boss fight) by doing damage to people or enemies that were meant to be invulnerable.
- Using the Phoenix Cap during the final boss and then losing should now give you a new Phoenix Cap during your re-attempt.
We also wanted to let everyone know that we are officially on break starting tomorrow! It’s been a busy last few weeks and after working on Boyfriend Dungeon for 4 years (wow!) the whole team is taking a much deserved rest. Expect communication to be a bit slower during this time. We hope to return refreshed and ready to start working on Hammer and Axe! Thank you to everyone who supported us on this journey to release and we hope you are enjoying the game so far!
-Alexandra, Tanya and the Kitfox team