SegmentNext has noted that Blizzard Entertainment has added an opening for a Art Director for an “unannounced project” set in the Diablo universe. Of course there are some requirements to be considered for the job and we have posted them down below…
- Own, articulate, and evangelize visual direction.
- Lead, inspire, and mentor artists and art leads.
- Direct multiple art disciplines to achieve incredible results.
- Create concept paintings, models, textures, and other benchmark assets that inspire others.
- Work closely with game design to ensure art supports a gameplay-first player experience.
- Foster and maintain effective relationships inside and outside the art department.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in crafting video game art
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a lead artist or art director
- Incredible communications and interpersonal skills
- Able to manage a large art staff of varying skills and specialties
- Strong illustration and / or concept art skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with popular 2D and 3D applications, such as Maya, 3DS Max, Adobe Photoshop, Painter, etc.
- Solid knowledge of current and next-gen art techniques as well as fundamental art principles
- Able to motivate artists and collaborate well with other developers in a team environment
- A passion for games with a deep understanding of the Diablo franchise
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.