Atlus USA have announced they will be publishing King of Fighters XIV in North America some time this year.
This installment in the King of Fighters series is the first to use 3D graphics and will include over 50 characters that will all be available in-game on launch day.
Below are the details about the game provided to us by Altus…
- 3D Evolution: All 50 fighters, movesets and more are rendered in full 3D graphics that preserves the essence of King of Fighters‘s visual style but updates it with a whole new dimension.
- The Best Refinement since The King of Fighters ’98: Through extensive playtesting and balancing, the controls have been streamlined, and the Combo and Max Mode mechanics have been overhauled to create the most competitive fighter in SNK’s history.
- The The King of Fighters Saga Continues: There’s a robust single-player storyline where several years have passed since the previous The King of Fighters tournament. Now a worldwide business, the global The King of Fighters will decide who is the strongest as both individuals and companies with their own ambitions have come to compete. Players compete against CPU-controlled opponents to unlock the storyline.
- The Best Roster Yet: There are 50 fighters total, with 31 returning from previous entries into the The King of Fighters series, and 19 brand new characters. All 50 characters will be available at the game’s launch.
- Revamped Online Experience: The King of Fighters XIV has devoted a lot of development time to improving the game’s netcode for vastly improved online gameplay. The King of Fighters XIV uses the PS4’s online architecture to have a whole host of online conveniences, from spectating to saving replay/battle data, and having a single online The King of Fighters XIV profile to connect with friends.
Read more at http://gematsu.com/2016/04/atlus-publish-king-fighters-xiv-americas#twvMPWxq2oM48xtj.99